- All military and business professions start with Mining 1 and Learning 1 so I didn't include those.
- The star means all pre-requisites are met so you can get the skill right away. I only looked this up for the skills which are grey.
- Be sure to look at this pages' comments (bottom of page) for some useful analysis.
- Almost everyone gets two Level V skills, but some skills give you more. Compare Tech 2 guns vs. 10% more missile range. Not a hard choice (Tech 2 is better). Amarr and Caldari special forces only get one Level V.
- Gallente Entrepeneur is probably the best NPC mission runner while Minmatar is the best start for trading with players.
- Engineer professions are very nice - very defensive builds useful even as combat builds, you just need to train up some actual damage skills for solo play. If you're inclined to cooperate with other pilots vs NPCs, engineers can be the "tanks" while the military types come in afterwards and kill everything.
- All soldiers have Gunnery 5 and Small (Racial) Turret, while all Special Forces can get cruisers and all sorts of special goodies. (Amarr and Minmatar can get both cruisers and medium turrets.)
- Prospectors give you a whole heck of a lot of skills, Mining V, Refining V, Mining Foreman IV and three Processing skills right out of the gate. One of the races can train Astrogeology and Metallurgy from the start -- yep you guessed it, Minmatar. They don't get Refining V though.
- Minmatar Engineer can train a Procuror in 2 days 15 hours, and mine for about three times what a Special Forces with a cruiser could with his Osprey, in an equivalent amount of time. Plus you can mine ice. Over time, I'm not sure which is a better economic choice, barge ASAP then skills, or taking any of the Mining professions: skills first then barge somewhat later.
- Assault Ships require three skills to V, Mechanic, Engineering, and Racial Frigate. Amarr and Gallente Engineers get two of the three, leaving just Frigate (Rank 2) from I to V and Spaceship Command I to III. Should take around 13-15 days. You do of course need Tech 2 guns and other assorted modules, but its still cool.
- Caldari Engineers get Laboratory Operation at 5, so you can install 10 research jobs fairly soon.
- Military get Destroyers and Industrials.
- Minmatar Soldiers can go straight to the store and be in Destroyers with Tech 2 Artillery the same day.
- Minmatar Special Forces get both a MWD and Shield Hardeners.
- Amarr Soldiers get Armor Hardeners.
- Gallente Special Forces get five drones right out of the gate.
- The Revelations skill trees give new players a VERY good start, compared to the old days.
New Character Skills, All -- Excel and PDF formats
The original thread announcing the work is here.